It's time to take blogging to the next level!
OR
As nervous as I was to try and figure out how to put my podcast on my blog, it was pretty simple! Thanks to Bistra's awesome directions I had no problem uploading the file and putting it on Blogger, though I decided to try it two separate ways incase one didn't work. Who knew it could be so easy?
I think that Podcasts are useful for a variety of different things. For instance, I subscribe to a weekly yoga podcast on itunes that will automatically download to my Iphone when I sync it. In this sense, podcasts make a lot of sense and are really simple and beneficial to use. There are lots of scenarios like this where I think podcasts are helpful. In some cases, I'm sure, audio isn't needed in place of a written blog. In this instance, a podcast could actually be less useful if it is difficult to process what you're hearing fast enough or if you cannot understand the person speaking. All in all, I think podcasts have much stronger pros than they do cons.
Podcasts ought to be used more in schools, in my opinion. For example, they could be used as a way of having students discuss material online, rather than just in class. This gives a chance for students to give thoughts and opinions that they may not feel comfortable saying in front of classmates. I feel that the internet, oddly enough, gives children a sense of security these days and can become a good outlet for their knowledge. As far as non profit organizations go, I feel like podcasts would be an interesting and innovative way to get information across. However, I don't think that podcasts are necessarily any more beneficial in this particular profession than blogging, twittering, or any other form of written communication. Is it nice to literally hear all of the wonderful things an organization is doing? Sure! Does it get the point across more than a written statement? Probably not. As far as I can tell, podcasting in non-profit is superfluous.
In researching podcasts for the non-profit organization my group was assigned, I found a podcast created by the World Wildlife Fund that introduces animals and gives information about them to grab the interest of their listeners. As unnecessary as it seems to me, it is still pretty fun to listen to! To catch up on some nearly extinct species, visit World Wildlife Fund podcast.
your second audio file worked! how did you do it?!
ReplyDeleteI also started to subscribe to different podcasts once I learned what exactly they are and how they can be used. That is a very interesting idea you brought up about using podcasts in schools! I also think it is harder to get your point across and to try and take notes while listening to a podcast.
ReplyDelete