This week I had my first experience using wikis. I really appreciate the concept of a wiki. I think that it's ingenious to have a website where classmates can alter their work without having to physically be together or having to e-mail ideas back and forth for a final product. However, for some reason setting up a wiki has not been an easy process for me. Making the actual wiki account was straight forward. Privacy settings and editing were a breeze, because there weren't all that many options given for those who opt for the free version of wiki. Once I got around to actually putting information on my wiki, I got lost. I ended up putting the information I had researched (and a video that I hope works) as a new page, which I'm not sure is exactly what I wanted to do. I still have a lot more to plan out with my partner on this wiki, and hopefully together we can figure out how to manage it!
If you want to check out my wiki, or the beginning of what will be one, go to: http://worldwildlife.wikispaces.com.
I will look over the power point I developed for the wiki page and add some more stuff: the point of the widgets, what widgets work easier, creating a new page vs. putting all on one page (two different approaches), etc.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you it was easy in some aspects but difficult putting info on the wiki. I feel like there has to be so much planning for a page and how to put a complete wiki together. Great idea posting your wiki link at the bottom it makes it easier to find your page!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that the concept of a wiki is brilliant. It's a place where you can discuss and work on a project without all sitting around a table in the library. However, I think that if it was a little more user friendly it would make working on projects more incredibly easier.
ReplyDeleteReally thank goodness you mastered this wiki, and let me follow along! I was lost just setting up my account. I am excited to be working with you on this project, and I hope together we can figure it all out!
ReplyDelete